Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Quick posting tonight

Wooo hoo!!  Second day in a row of posting.  I am going to try to make this short because it is lightning and a clap of thunder just shook the house, but keep in mind I was an English major once upon a college life....... so here goes.

Today's topic????

Well, something that has been on my mind lately is finding a different job.  The job I have now isn't awful except for the fact that it only pays $8/hour and has no benefits.  I just applied for a job on Saturday at a local camper place.  I am not sure what it pays, but it has benefits.  So it is a step in the right direction.  I check the paper every day to see if something new and potentially beneficial comes up.  Today there was a job at a place that is literally in the building just down the road from where I am working right now.  I believe that it pays a little more and might even have benefits, but I have to laugh at the fact of where it is located. 

I haven't had long term jobs, not really since I have been married and had kids, but the last few jobs I have had are probably within 3 miles of each other.  Maybe I should take that as a sign to apply for the job down the road from where I am working now.  This section of town seems to be lucky for me. 

I still have a job application to fill out where a job pays $11/hour, but it has no benefits.  I haven't heard back from the camper place yet, so I will probably call them tomorrow.  It would be a good job for me I think.  I would be able to spend some time outside washing campers, keeping the camper property clean and I would have benefits.  But if that place doesn't work out, I need to come up with a plan C....yes a plan C.  Plan A right now is the camper place.  Plan B is to just keep on working at the place I am currently at because at least I have a job to go to. 

Well, so much to ponder, but I should get off the computer now and enjoy the storm brewing outside.  Take care everyone.

Suggestions for my next post?

No comments: